Friday, March 19, 2010

Bugger! My dress still isn't finished.

Last week, I was high as a kite because I picked up my dress from the Posties. I saw my Bolero and tried it on and it's absolutely gorgeous. However, the only other person around the house was Craig and I was damned if he was going to help me into my wedding dress. Somehow, I don't think that's in the groom's job description! Luckily, my mum came down from Cairns last night so it was a chance for us to see the whole kit & caboodle.

But that was when we discovered that the dress was still too tight... >.<


Luckily, I still have three weeks before the wedding so there's still time for alterations. I was a little disappointed but hey, I'd been having such a smooth run that a hiccup was long overdue. And seeing how ridiculous my back looked did make me smile. I'm just grateful that we didn't find out on the day of the wedding! Imagine the scene as I glide gracefully down the garden path, exchange vows and a passionate kiss with Craig, only to turn and flash him my second cleavage! The look on his face would probably have been priceless, haha! Anyhow, the dress is making its way back to Cairns (by now, it probably has more mileage under its belt than the average Australian) and hopefully will be all ready to go by the 11th of April.

And it's not all bad news. The bolero is simply divine and I can't wait to wear the whole thing on the day. Here's a sneak peek of the Bolero.


Oh and did I mention it's my 1st Hen's night this weekend? I get to have one Hen's night with my friends in BrisVegas and another with family and friends from Cairns. But that's another blog altogether! You'll just have to wait till Sunday to hear about the antics.

Getting ready to party,
Demi!

No comments:

Post a Comment