Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The "Bad Taste" Hen's Night


I had the most awesome Hen's night! Before I start ranting about the highlights of the night, I'm sending out a big Thank You to my friend, Meggles. You're an absolute legend and no girl can ask for a better friend. I know you went to a lot of trouble to make my Hens happen so have a huge hug!

We wanted to avoid the "cliché" Hen's Night. You know what I'm talking about - feral man-strippers, drunken lewd tasks that involve dildos and hunting down single men, etc etc. And when Lindsey suggested "bad taste Bride's Maid dresses", it was a total winner. Which is how we ended up looking like this! I raided my Mum's wardrobe and after digging through some lovely shoulder-numbers, found this lovely lacey frock. I think I would have made Madonna proud. Meggles picked me up from my house but she wasn't alone! My friend Lisa flew all the way down from Rocky to join us, despite the imminent threat of tropical cyclone Ului. It was such an excellent surprise and I only wished Vicky could have joined us. Sadly, she was having too much fun in Argentina!



From there, we headed to Meg's pad in Hawthorne where we were joined by the other girls for drinks and party games. In amongst Twister Dance, 'Pin the accessory on the Bride' and amateur dress making, there were a lot of laughs and fun. Even babies were getting into the madness and tolerating all the shenanigans! One of my favourite highlights was Baby Skye vs Nurse Lorraine in our very own "Who could be Australia's next cutest model". Oh and Emily won a copy of the Princess Bride by pinning the bouquet perfectly on Poster-Me. Nice one!

6pm rolled around pretty quickly so we chugged around the corner to Ahmet's Turkist restaurant at Balmoral. We were fashionably late and by the time we arrived, the Greenslopes party were already waiting and so was my very own Mum! She was in heaven when Baby Cormack was passed into her arms.

Meanwhile, the rest of us tucked into Turkish bread and dips while trying an assorted mix of cocktails. Meg picked me up a lovely Turkish Martini and not only did it smell delightful, it tasted scrumptious. Soon we were inundated by various casseroles, meat platters and turkish delights! But then the Belly Dancer manifested and naturally, she made a B-line for me. To be fair, I was kinda an unmistakable target with my flashing Tiara and Wand.



I figured, what the hell? How often do you get the opportunity to embarrass yourself in front of all your friends and colleagues? So I crawled my way out of my side of the table (I was kinda marooned against the wall at this stage) and upon making my way onto the dance floor and in public view of the restaruant, made good worth of 10 years' worth of dance training. However, I was thrilled when the Belly Dancer asked who else I wanted to dance and at this point, I immediately dobbed in my mother. She's always complaining about how she doesn't have a dancing bone in her body but she did a fabulous job! Go Mum, shake your booty!




Only five of us (Meggles, Lisa, Farenn, Amanda and myself) made it out to BrisVegas afterwards for a session of bad Karaoke but we sure did have fun at Strike Bowling. And they even had props to go along with the songs of our choice! I had to admit, the pixelated tiger that accompanied the hit, "Eye of the Tiger" brought back memories from the time of Pac Man and Space Invaders! But it was a lot of fun and I think we may have converted Amanda and Farenn, who had seemed a little doubtful at the onset. I have no pictures from karoake as yet and I'm sure there are some crazy photos floating out there... so we'll all have to wait and see. In the meantime, the full scope of our crazy adventure can be glimpsed by visiting here.

In summary, an excellent excellent Hen's night. And do you know what the best part is? I haven't even had my second Hen's yet! I'm due to have another Hen's with my little sisters Sharl, Erin & Siobhan so they can share in my madness. Can't wait! Oh and Craig is having his Buck's this weekend so I'll be su
re to report on his side of things. Hope he has a great time! Till then, take care of yourselves.

Demi.

No comments:

Post a Comment