Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Wedding - Part Two

Craig and I chose April for the date of our Wedding, partly because we were hoping for a higher chance of sunny days and also because it was close to our anniversary day. It rained both before and after our Wedding day but on April the 11th, we weren't the only ones dolled up. The Aussie Sun was out in full force, determined to make the most of this opportunity. So in true Australian style, we had a hot, sizzling Ceremony.

Craig and Brett before the Ceremony
Meanwhile, Mum was driving us all in with the Bridal Bus. However, we made a bit of a miscalculation with the lack of Sunday traffic and arrived at 2:00pm, before most of my guests! I felt a bit embarrassed to arrive so early but I was even more worried that Craig would see me before I would even get a chance to walk down the aisle! Luckily however, Meg came to the rescue. She quickly helped to usher the boys away while Boulevard Gardens took me inside where to my sheer relief, air-conditioning was waiting for us. The boys however weren't so lucky. Craig, Brett and my brother, Mickey, were still outside in the heat, having their photos taken! In amidst all this, most of the guests had made their arrival. My family quickly took advantage of the umbrellas provided by Boulevard Gardens, to shelter them from the sun.


My Wonderful Malaysian Family!

Friends from near & far
My Mum waiting for us to walk down the Aisle

It wasn't long before 2.30pm came around and it was time to walk down the aisle. Aidan, Siobhan, Erin & Sharlene were the first to head down the aisle as part of the Bridal Party. Aidan was so shy, he almost didn't blow his Butterfly Bubble Gun, hehe. But you can kinda understand why. This poor eight year old had been all suited up, been forced to smile for photos and now he had to walk down in front of lots of people, many of whom were strangers. I thought my kid brother did pretty well. My Dad walked me down the aisle and that was something special. I was more excited than overwhelmed, and I couldn't help beaming as I saw the faces of my friends, mostly because I hadn't seen so many of them in so long!


Dad walks me down the aisle






What can you say, when your Dad walks you down amongst all your friends & family, to hand you over to your husband & friend? Words can't really describe the happiness of just being amongst all these people, who had come together to support Craig and I. And I was truly happy that day, despite the hot afternoon sun and various hiccups of the day. None of that took anything away from our Wedding Day. We just roll our eyes and laugh as we remember those odd moments that in the end, made the whole day more memorable.



Sharlene said that she struggled not to cry but when she asked me how I went, I confessed that was I too busy trying to lick the melting lipstick off my teeth, for fear that it would be caught on camera! Meanwhile, Craig was trying to subtly wipe the sweat that was beading on his face, not for fear of saying his vows but because it was so bloody hot! In hindsight, it's all somewhat hilarious. Despite all this, it was soon fixed with a kiss. Well... maybe not just one kiss, hehe.


Turns out Craig is romatic after all!
Not about to let the Australian sun cramp our style, it wasn't long before we were off having more photos taken and better yet, having some beer & Champagne. Once all the formalities were all over and done with, we got straight into the reception, let down our hair and took off our shoes. There are so many crazy photos of all the things people were up to, that it tells a story in itself. I don't know about the rest of our guests but I sure had a blast and loved every moment of partying with Craig. It was a great day and I'll surely remember it for the rest of my life.

Our Parents
Craig and I with my Family

So a big Thank You to everyone who has helped and supported us all this time. We really appreciate everything you've done for us, especially in terms of your generosity and kindness. We're absolutely overwhelmed by all your wonderful gifts and for those who weren't able to physically join us on the day, I hope that this blog helped you to catch up on all that happened. And all that note, this Wedding Blog is pretty much done and I hope you enjoyed reading.



Lots of Love,
Demi & Craig.




No comments:

Post a Comment