Thursday, January 21, 2010

Baby, the Cooling-off Period is over.

Christmas is long gone and this means I can no longer ignore the impending dateline of my own wedding. For the last twelve months since our engagement, I've been happily giving the wedding the minimum attention required, fobbing it aside with convenient excuses such as "house hunting", "christmas shopping" or "it's simply too far away". However, the wedding isn't that far away at all... the date is set for April and seeing as I'm 25 (soon to be 26) time is going exponentially faster than ever. Better hurry my arse up and get into that wedding bells headspace or I might end up joining the ranks of the dreaded disorganised brides. *Shudders* So enough procrastination. The wedding is going to be a bit of a cultural handful because you see, I'm a half Chinese-Irish bride about to marry Craig, a lovely half dutch-Australian whose family can trace their origins to the first fleet (apparently, some great-great-great-grandfather stole a sheep). I have no idea whether this wedding is going to pan out as an utter success or a completely mish-mash but since I only plan to get hitced once, I'm definitely making a go of it. So wish me luck here. *Rolls up her sleeves*. I'm getting married.

No comments:

Post a Comment